Archive for December, 2008
Latex Mattress Bed – 5 Advantages and 2 Disadvantages
Latex mattresses are the most popular mattresses on the market today. People who try them agree that latex mattresses offer an unprecedented level of comfort and support. As with any type of product, there are many advantages and disadvantages. Let’s take a closer look at both the advantages and disadvantages of latex mattresses.
1. Comfort. Almost 90 percent of latex mattress owners agree that latex mattresses provide them with a wonderful level of comfort. Other types of mattresses do not get that good of a rating in general.
2. Durability. Latex mattresses are surprisingly durable. These mattresses, if taken care of properly, tend to last several years longer than other types of mattresses.
3. Natural. For the most part, latex mattresses are completely natural. You can either get a 100% natural latex mattress or one that is mostly natural. Either way, these mattresses are more natural than other types of mattresses.
4. Support. Latex mattresses offer a great support system for latex mattress owners. The core of a latex mattress is extremely thick and dense. No matter what your specific needs are, a latex mattress is sure to provide you the comfort you need.
5. Health. Latex mattresses have been proven to increase one’s health. These mattresses work hard to decrease pressure points. They also provide people with a better quality of sleep. If you are getting better sleep, you are bound to be happier and healthier.
1. Price. Latex mattresses come with quite a price tag. Generally, these mattresses are more expensive than other types of mattresses. The better quality mattresses are much more expensive than memory foam mattresses, airbeds, water mattresses and innerspring mattresses. People tend to pay several thousand dollars for a quality latex mattress.
2. Short Track Record. Latex mattresses haven’t been around very long in the United States, at least. Because of this, people are more hesitant to buy them. People don’t seem to want to spend several thousand dollars on a bed that hasn’t been around very long. People like mattresses that have been “tried and tested.”
For the most part, you won’t be disappointed if you buy a good quality latex mattress. These mattresses provide many more advantages than they do disadvantages. If you want to get a good night’s sleep and don’t mind spending more money to get it, a latex mattress is just what you need.